Friday, September 24, 2010

The Band

Oh dear god! The end of the week is finally here. Wasn't too bad I guess. It went by fairly quickly.

Had lunch with the band today. Thanks, Max for getting the sweet potato fries. What a great bunch of guys. All our personalities fit together so well. Musically? Well, it's like we've played together for years when in actuality, we've only been playing together for a few months. Up till now, it's been like, "yeah that might be fun to do" or, "hey I used to really like that song." What I foresee in the future is Someone's Mom (yes that is what we are called) becoming one of the best local bands to come out of Utah in a while. The potential for creativity is huge. Does that sound arrogant? Perhaps, but you really have to hear us to know what it is of which I speak. I'm actually amazed that three dudes can put out so much sound. We already have a pretty decent fan base. I guess that will show that Someone's Mom is not a force to be trifled with, but we do enjoy the occasional light teasing. Now if we could just get the room mate to work a consistent fucking schedule, our lives would be complete.

October is supposed to be new music and recording month, but we do have a couple of gigs scheduled. Sometimes I find myself wishing that it was 20 years ago and we knew then what we know know, but regrets are for saps. The future is all that matters. Of course, a few girls flashing their tits always helps too.

See you @ 4:20

Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment